The Customer Success profession is growing alongside the increasing number of technology and SaaS companies in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. This seems to be a natural progression as tech companies are beginning to realize the large impact of customer retention on the financial stability, growth, and success of the company.
Through an online survey, Planhat reached out to Customer Success professionals in the region and asked questions pertaining to job title and seniority level, compensation models, salary, maturity of the customer success team and so forth. The results will be found in this report.
The goal of this report is to provide Customer Success Managers, people in the customer success community, or those seeking to learn more about customer success as a profession with an idea of what the current state of CS is in the Nordics - especially around salary and compensation models.
The survey was conducted in the last quarter of 2016 and beginning of 2017, and was the first time the customer success community was surveyed in the Nordics.
The Customer Success profession in the Nordic region is in early stages. Most of the community are found in growing SaaS companies. Scandinavia has numerous successful international SaaS companies with sophisticated customer success organizations in place.
The high level take aways are:
- Majority of our respondents are working in a company where the customer success function is newly formed but growing fast: 70% reported that their customer success team is less than three years old but has grown with with at least 25% in the past 12 months.
- 50% of the respondents are “team members” (i.e individual contributors), 25% are in managerial positions and 25% at Director/VP level.
- Majority (68%) of our respondents have some kind of a variable component to their salary model.
- The average monthly salary for a CSM with no managerial responsibility is €4,489 per month, for a manager, €5,061 per month and for a CS Director/VP €6,775 per month.
- The most important success metrics and areas of responsibility for our respondents is to keep churn low, drive more up-sales and to increase product adoption.
Distribution of monthly salary for each category
If you're interested in the full report, send us an e-mail and we'll send you the full report. Put subject: "Nordics CS benchmark"